Happy American Thanksgiving!
OK, it’s not a national day of feasting and celebrating for us, exactly, but I’m in the mood to celebrate giving thanks! And in the mood for a little lighthearted fun!
Thus, here are FIVE THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR in FIVE DIVERSE CATEGORIES:
3. clear blue skies
4. clean, white, newly-fallen snow
5. a forest of brightly-hued leaves in autumn
CATEGORY: SWEET TREATS
1. apple crisp
2. butter cream frosting
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Scones
4. chocolate chip ice cream
5. bread pudding
3. giant jigsaw puzzles
4. easy crossword puzzles
5. Woody Allen movie watching
CATEGORY: SPORTS IN WHICH I CAN VICARIOUSLY PARTICATE, THANKS TO TV
1. Hawaii Ironman Triathlon
2. The Olympics (Summer and Winter)
4. Figure Skating
CATEGORY: INVENTIONS IN THE RUNNING WORLD
1. chip timing devices at races
2. Walkman cassette players –> handheld CD players –>iPod Shuffle
3. vaseline (for face protection on a cold day)
4. shoe brands galore!
5. a solo sport (every runner for him/herself) that you can make social
Take a moment today and give thanks for the big and/or little things in life that you appreciate!
Oh – and we’re one day closer to Christmas now – haha!
We watched Movie #33 last eve – see here for the review. It was really a close call as to whether to award 2.5 or 3 stars…
Comments have been posted here on Recipe #35 (Childhood Bran Muffins). We have a differing of opinion concerning one ingredient, in particular!…
Tomorrow is a special day for a special person….we’ll pay tribute to a certain someone’s birthday!…plus, I hope to check a Christmas To Do off my list (I don’t mean to make this sound like a chore…I do enjoy this part of Christmas prep!).