2. I baked Christmas Cookies last eve!
3. We had the busiest Saturday at the store that we’ve had in quite a while! What’s hot this year? Believe it or not, clothing seems to be the top pick this year: running tights, long sleeve tops, mitts and hats are super popular. We’re selling some tech gear, like Garmins (our store carries all of the models in this link), but I do think we sold more of these GPS units a few years ago when they were fresh on the market. Most popular stocking stuffer? Socks! Same as every year!
4. We have to have our radio tuned to a station playing Christmas music (understandable) at the store 24/7, so I’ve had my fill of a vast array of musical arrangements over the past few weeks. Here’s what…
Makes me giggle: Mele Kalikimaka by Jimmy Buffet
Makes me gag: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by The Carpenters
Makes me teary-eyed: Mary’s Boy Child by Boney M
Is the most overplayed: anything by the GLEE cast
I’m happy when I can come home and listen to my own CDs!
5. Open for Debate: This article caught my eye this morning when I was reading the Globe and Mail, online:
A very interesting dilemma – you’re not feeling the love…do you dump your significant other before Christmas, or delay the inevitable til after the holidays? Not an easy question to answer! My take: if it’s within two weeks of Christmas, save the “it’s not you, it’s me” speech til after New Year’s. Otherwise, be upfront and honest, and “drop the bombshell” asap. As someone who was once dumped on her birthday (unfortunately, I kid you not), I agree with avoiding significant dates when it comes to ending a special relationship. Timing is everything!
I do remember reading, somewhere, that the span of time between Xmas and Valentine’s Day is very high when it comes to relationship termination. So maybe most disenchanted lovers do ”fake it” over the holidays, then dissolve the partnership once the excitement of December is bygones.
6. We’re off the The Huether in a few minutes for a Date Night! It’s time to celebrate the end of B’s school term. Seems like it was just Labour Day – where’d the weeks/months go??!