I first saw this list of questions on both Averie and Gabriela‘s blogs (and to give credit where credit is due, they linked the list back to blogger Chelsey). My initial reaction? I thought, “there’s no way I would give my answers/participate in a survey of this nature – some of these questions are just plain outrageous!”
But, I do enjoy questionnaire-answering. So, what the hay, life’s too short to sweat the small stuff. And only a few questions are mildly embarrassing. I’ll just channel my inner Bridesmaid, throw caution to the wind, and show no shame…here goes nothing!
1. a) What is your best friend’s mom’s name? [this is the question as is appears on Chelsey's blog] (Can you believe I had to ask BFF Debbie for the answer??!) :0 Anyway, Debbie’s mom is Elizabeth (Elsbeth with her German heritage).
b) What is your mom’s best friend’s name? [this is the question as it appears on Averie and Gabriela's blogs] Well, I’ll go with mom’s oldest friendship, dating back to her childhood. And that answer is Becky. And they’re still friends today!
2. Where is the weirdest place you have a mole? I’m pretty mole-free. I have a small one on the front of my right shoulder. That’s not very weird.
3. Who was the hottest teacher you ever had? First year University, M Jean-Phillipe Beaulieu (do I have that name right, Julie?!) was one of our French Lit profs. Our entire class, 100% female, was ♥ in love ♥.
4. Have you ever made out in a movie theatre? To be honest, no! I guess I’m too practical – why would I not watch a movie I have paid for? You can make out on the couch at home, later!
5. What body part do you wash first? Hair. If it’s not a hair-washing day, face.
6. Do you hover over the toilet in public washrooms? Nope, I sit. Unless, I’ve dashed into the mens’ at Starbucks. Then I hover for sure. Or if I see any yellow, any seat, any washroom.
7. What’s the strangest talent you have? How long do you want to walk or run? 33, 48, 62 minutes? Give me your time, and I will walk/run you back to our starting point within one minute of the pre-determined time. Without fail.
8. Do you have an innie or an outie? Innie.
9. Do you parallel park or drive around the block? I only need to parallel park at The Brother and SIL Ana’s. I’ll first scour the street for a lonngggg spot to pull into, and only parallel park if I absolutely need to. It won’t be pretty.
10. Which shoe do you put on first? The right.
11. Have you ever been cow-tipping or snipe-hunting? No. But cow-tipping was a big joke in high school. I have no idea what snipe-hunting even is.
12. If you had to choose never to wash your bed sheets again or not wash your bath towel ever again, which one would you rather not wash? The bed sheets. I hate damp, mildew-y towels. And in the shower I can always wash away the bedsheet grossies.
13. What was your childhood nickname? The Brother dubbed me “Biffy” as a teen because I had a tendency
from time to time to be a wee bit of an air-head.
14. When is the last time you played the air guitar? I never have. But I bet I could do a mean Guns n Roses riff.
15. Have you ever bitten your toenails? No. I’d have to be able to reach them for that. Flexibility is not a family trait.
16. How do you eat your cookie? I break off bite size pieces and eat those. I don’t actually bite the cookie. Unless it’s biscotti.
17. When working out at the gym, do you wear a belt? No. You don’t need a belt for cardio. Plus, I am not a belt person, speaking fashionably.
18. Name something you do when you’re alone that you wouldn’t do in front of others. I can’t say fart, burp or pick my nose because I have done these
in public when with others.
19. How often do you clean out your ears? Whenever I think of it. Probably should be more often.
20. Do you scrunch or fold your toilet paper? Scrunch.
21. Do you have any strange phobias? I never take a shortcut (through a parking lot, around a corner). Take shortcuts while running/on a walk, you’ll take shortcuts in life, is my motto.
22. [there is no #22. So I'll make one up. No shortcuts in questionnaires]. Favourite type of pickle? Dill but not garlic.
23. Do you freak out when you feel a sneeze coming on when you’re driving? I avoid a freak out by gripping the steering wheel very hard and making sure I am aimed straight ahead. So far, so good.
Well, wasn’t that delightful!
So, of course, I invite you to pick a question, any question, and provide your answer! Or else make up your own TMI-type Q and share away!