Tomorrow is the first of August! You know what that means…it’s time to discuss the plans for the month. Ah, it feels good to have some concrete goals, again!
I have three top-notch, fun and unique ideas to share with you.
Goal #1: Be a girly-girl. I do love nail polish, and I wear make-up daily. But I’m no chic diva. Casual? Sporty? Très relaxed? Those adjectives are most appropriate to describe my personal style. I want to devote more time to self-care. By that, I mean giving more than a couple of slapdash moments to skincare, hairstyling, and clothing and accessorizing myself – a little pampering. Here’s how I plan to set myself up for success:
- give myself extra time to get ready for the day/to go out. I think I could make efficient use of even 10 more minutes, at a time!
- place lotion bottles strategically around the Condo Casa as visual reminders to moisturize several times, daily.
- [The problem is that I really dislike when hand and body lotions make me feel sticky and greasy. But I want softer skin. It's only for a month - I'll grin and bear the
- go back to quality facial cream. I’m giving a brand that’s an oldie-but-reputedly-goodie a shot:
- make Mom and/or girlfriends go shopping with me for cheap yet pretty wardrobe pieces. I have hair accessories, earrings, bracelets, rings – I just need to wear them!
Goal #2: Blog entirely in lower case letters. now, janetha practically has the copyright on this writing style. but, if you’ve ever corresponded with me via email, blog commenting, twitter or facebook, you know that for casual communication, i never use capitals. i’ve written like this for ages and ages – it’s fast and i think it looks hip. bien sûr, if i’m writing professional or formal correspondence, i’ll follow standard grammar and punctuation rules, but i really like the look and feel of all lower-case lettering. so, this month, blog posts will look…like this! eesh, i hope i don’t forget!
at the end of the month, i’ll decide which way we’re going to swing: will we go back to the conventional, or stick with the janetha?…
Goal #3: Enjoy a different sweet treat every single day. Cuz it’s summer, and why the heck not.
I actually did a project of this nature about two years ago, before I had the blog. At that time, my goal was to go 100 days with a treat-of-the-day taking place each and every day. If memory serves, I made it to about Day #67 before my sweet tooth conked out. So, 31 days should be no problem-o.
Here are some more details for this round of 31 Flavours!…
- 31 days, 31 different treats, no repeats [I can tell you straight off what a few treats will be, for sure: a Starbucks pumpkin scone, a piece of coffee cake from Coffee Culture, a Tango Palace apple square and a DQ something. Tangent: I could never do 31 flavours of ice cream because I really only like chocolate chip or heavenly hash - can you believe chocolate ice cream is really not a favourite?!].
- because I adore using the four-star rating system, each treat will get a ranking. I’ll show you the previous day’s choice and how it fared, every day, beginning on August 2nd.
- yes, gluten-containing products will be consumed (see above). Due to the fact that farty-bum-bums will therefore
spontaneously eruptnaturally occur, I’ll make sure to consume these delicacies on days when I am not venturing out into public shortly thereafter.
- I don’t plan on baking anything myself because
baking’s not my sceneI want to avoid multiple servings of the same product. Thirty-one choices, remember!
Sweet or salty – what do you prefer? I rarely feel the urge to munch on chips, pretzels or salted nuts…I inherited the family sweet tooth but good!