well, no, actually i don’t – sorry! i’m the one who received a surprise in the mail. i just muchly love that “package” line from the movie legally blonde (classically wonderful movie, btw, if you’ve never seen it).
so what arrived via canada post??
none other than…
my cheerios beach towel!
wow, my shorter term memory must be going…i had completely forgotten about how i had ordered free towels back on august 11th, thanks to the cereal box giveaway offer.
the towel is super cute. unfortunately, it’s also
super cheap and thin … not the highest of quality (not that i was expecting a brian gluckstein-quality plushness when you receive something like this, for free).
i ordered three towels, total, so the other two should be on their way! i’ll show “the collection” once my set is complete!
third time’s the charm
i realized last friday that there was only one week left in september.
and dad and i had not yet enjoyed our outing of the month.
then i looked at my calendar, and thought about dad’s schedule.
ugh-oh. the pickings were looking incredibly slim for how we were going to fit in a get-together.
dad’s idea for september had been to go for lunch to zoup. this soup-sandwich-salad-neat-o restaurant is right across from us, and i haven’t been there yet, either (dad has, once). i was thumbs up on that plan…until i realized there were zero lunch slots available to us between now and september 30th.
my suggestion was to go to a movie together. that would be a new experience as i have never gone to a movie with just dad. now, the kink in that plan was that the only movie i really want to see that is playing right now is…
i just couldn’t bring myself to inflict this film on poor dad – plus, he’s not a sjp fan (i am!). moneyball, the new release starring brad pitt, would be more dad’s style…but, i am not crazy about dear brad, and the movie is 2 hours 15 minutes!
movie problem solved when we couldn’t come up with a suitable evening for both of us.
which brings us to option #3 – a sunday afternoon break at starbucks. wouldn’t you know, we got there and all tables were full! so we
hopped across jaywalked across king street to the gelato place.
yes, we invited mom to join us – the vibe was just right. we all had a wonderful visit – even though we are next-door neighbours (condos in side-by-side buildings) it had been two weeks since we had all seen each other!
dad, i think we need to plan october NOW!
whose line is it anyway?
[tangent: contrary to legally blond, i do not care for drew carey nor the game show "whose line..." and one of my fave game shows ever, the price is right, is simply unwatchable with mr carey as host. bob barker -> irreplaceable].
anyway, on friday, janetha blogged a funny post based on an email her mom had forwarded on to her. j has no idea as to the origins of the “adult truths” listed in the email; therefore, i have no clue either as to who to credit, obviously! so, just read and laugh – here are my favourite ten:
1. nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
2. mapquest really needs to start their directions on #5. i’m pretty sure i know how to get out of my neighbourhood.
3. bad decisions make good stories.
4. i keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so i know not to answer when they call.
5. how many times is it appropriate to say “what?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
6. i love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. stay strong, brothers and sisters!
7. shirts get dirty. underwear gets dirty. pants? pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever…
8. there is a great need for a sarcasm font.
9. you never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to be productive for the rest of the day.
10. the first testicular guard, the “cup,” was used in hocky in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. that means it took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
received anything fun in the mail lately? my mail is so boring! i don’t even have magazine subscriptions anymore!
sarah jessica parker: like or unlike? me = a big fan. ever since her “square pegs” tv show in the 80’s. i would kill for her hair!
which truth is your favourite? me = #5 -> i’ll say “pardon” two times, then i’m out.