it was a lot of fun, the last time we played the true or false game. so, let’s do it again! since it’s all christmas all the time these days, it’s only reasonable to do a holiday-themed test, today. good luck!
(here’s a hint because i’m feeling all generous and such: there are 10 trues and 10 falses. haha, like that helps a lot, eh?!).
1. christmas eve was the one night of the year when the brother and i could eat as many cookies as we wanted.
2. in high school, on the last day of school before christmas break, the entire school + teachers went rollerskating.
3. the brother and i opened advent calendars with chocolates behind the little doors, every year.
4. as kids, our family had to have a fake christmas tree because dad is allergic to pine needles.
5. in the ’80s and ’90s, family tradition called for a rousing, three-generation game of stock ticker on christmas day afternoon (between sticky buns breakfast and turkey dinner).
6. we open presents in the same way, every year: we take turns, one person at a time, from youngest to oldest for the first go-’round, then oldest to youngest for the second round.
7. i was scared of mall santas when i was little, and refused to go up and visit jolly saint nick.
8. i really dislike wearing the colour green, and will only wear it during the christmas season.
9. gifts that have made me squeal and bop around with joy, in recent years, have included: a toronto maple leafs jersey; the abba box set of 4 cd’s; a barack obama tshirt.
10. our traditional christmas eve meal, going back to the ’70s, includes kentucky fried chicken, a shrimp ring, potato chips and dip, and root beer.
11. mom and i have never been to the december one of a kind craft show in toronto.
12. i can recite ’twas the night before christmas off by heart.
13. i immensely dislike poinsettias.
14. i have made and decorated a gingerbread house from scratch.
15. i have spent one christmas in aruba and one christmas in whistler, b.c.
16. mom and i hit the malls as early as possible on boxing day – like, 6 a.m.! – to snap up awesome deals.
17. if i had my way, we would have snow on the ground from christmas eve through new year’s day, and then it would magically disappear.
18. my favourite christmas show is “how the grinch stole christmas.”
19. we go to midnight mass every christmas eve.
20. i once had the chicken pox at christmas.
…and because it was so much fun last time, tell me a holiday-themed statement about you, and i will guess true or false! or give me a multiple choice question if you’re feeling all creative, today!
nicole ups the ante!!
good thing i thought to up my festive wear by putting on the tinsel headband! (tinsel > sequins):
but wait!! i did not predict THIS from nicole!! she addressed a gift box for each member of our staff team!!!
argh…back to the drawing board, go i…