yesterday, it was…
- family day in ontario [the fact that we have this holiday slays me as it is a day off made up by the provincial government a few years ago. so, stores, schools, banks, private industry, and municipal/provincial employees are all off...but federal services are still running (so, i can't go grocery shopping, but my mail is delivered!). makes no sense! and there is no real reason for the holiday except to break up the span of time between christmas and easter!].
- louis riel day in manitoba [thanks, gina, for that fyi!]
- islander day on prince edward island [thanks, mom, for that tip!]
- presidents’ day in the states [i was ignorant about the very existence of president's day until going to aruba. my american friends warned never EVER to travel to aruba for president's week because
paradisethe island is jam-packed with families. the only GOOD thing about all the swarms of people is that is the bingo pots are sky high - haha!].
- also, did you know that february is: national grapefruit month; national snack food month, national sweet potato month, national cherry month, and national canned food month? ’tis true. i found out here! [would it not make more sense to declare february national chocolate month, thanks to ♥ lovey-dovey day ♥ on the 14th??].
anyway, to get back to yesterday – all i did the whole entire day was be social and drink hot beverages! it was fantastic!
in the morning, i went out to sarah’s house. sarah gave me a tour around their lovely, new home…
…and then we went out for coffee to tim hortons. it is now roll up the rim season…and, surprise, surprise, i won a coffee!
in the afternoon, i met mom and dad at our uptown starbucks:
i had to see family on family day, for sure!
in the evening, i got together with my neighbourhood + blog friend, tricia! third coffee shop of the day ->we met up at coffee culture:
i was actually feeling a bit “coffee’d out,” (what a surprise, eh?!) and switched to decaf tea. it was wonderful to chat with tricia – our schedules are such that they conflict completely, normally, so it was really fun to be able to meet up – all thanks to family day!
which national food would you be most likely to celebrate? me = canned food – yes! i love all manner of tinned seafood; mushrooms; and many varieties of beans!
what was the theme of your day, yesterday? ummm, coffee?!
and sunshine! check out the spectacular day we enjoyed!
today it is back to reality…and less coffee!