it’s tuesday! theme week continues with book discussion time!
blog friend zo is the queen of top ten tuesday participation, and it’s thanks to her that i know about ttt!
i took a look over at the blog, the broke and the bookish, that hosts top ten tuesdays, and zowie! things work out as they’re meant to be, as i was instantly jazzed by the suggested list for today, tuesday august 21st:
TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOKS YOU’VE READ DURING THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR BLOG
i started my blog in january 2010 (as my 40th bday present to myself) so that means we have two point five years of collected novels from which to choose. once again, i’m super glad i keep a log of the reading i do!
we’ll be short ‘n’ snappy (i’m not linking, you can google if you wish more details on a title!). i’m also sharing the date when i finished the book:
1. good to a fault (february 19th, 2010) – marina endicott (a modern-day classic)
2. best friends forever (october 2nd, 2010) – jennifer weiner (this author knows how to do beach lit)
3. born to run (november 7th, 2010) – christopher mcdougall (some parts are better than others but if you run, you must read this non-fiction work)
4. the hour i first believed (january 25th, 2011) – wally lamb (amazing)
5. the help (may 31st, 2011) – katherine stockett (ditto on amazing)
6. american wife (august 28th, 2011) – curtis sittenfeld (multi-layered story, i loved the protagonist)
7. something borrowed (march 31st, 2012) – emily giffin (the best novel from this popular, best-selling author, imo)
8. she’s come undone (july 4th, 2012) – wally lamb (this was my second time reading this incredible work)
9. the undomestic goddess (july 25th, 2012) – sophie kinsella (A+, four stars, for a light, fantastically enjoyable summer read)
10. explosive eighteen (july 28th, 2012) – janet evanovich (the whole stephanie plum series is mindless fun, great escapism)
if you blog, when did you start blogging? and please share a book title from that timespan that is super-great!
if you do not blog….just share a fantabulous novel that i must read! i am almost done book two of the 50 shades of grey trilogy. review to come on sept 9th with the next project update!