back in july, during my blogcation, the lovely stacie so kindly and graciously bestowed upon me a blogging award:
now, you may think that receiving an award of this nature is a great honour. well, in actuality, it’s a bucketload of work [please note that i am confident stacie will not be offended by the smirk-y and cynical tone of my comments]. blog awards are an excellent marketing tool for self-promotion and for increasing the number of hits your friends’ blogs will receive.
see, you can’t simply write a touching acceptance speech of “thanks for thinking highly of my blog” and move along. nooooo! there are rules that accompany a blog award!!
for the liebster award…
…here is what you must do:
Tell 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
Contact them and let them know they’ve been tagged.
see what i mean about the workload?! whoa!
first, i am not going to re-tag 11 blogs because 1) stacie stole all my blends when she wrote her blog post-of-acceptance; 2) i do not feel comfortable
inflicting passing along this honour to my real-life-friends-who-also-blog, i want to keep them as real-life friends; 3) can you just imagine if i fyi’d blogs that i only lurk on, informing them that they have been nominated for this award? the kikiproject blog would be regarded as weird! so, i am hoping a hex is not placed on me by the worldwide blogging gods for breaking the liebster cycle.
ok…11 random things about me.
1. i have never been to europe.
2. as a teenager, my family nicknamed me biffy. on wednesday when mom and i were shopping, she absentmindedly called me “biff,” i am not sure whether she even realized it or not.
3. i can turn my tongue sideways (ie vertically) in my mouth, but only in one direction.
4. my shoe size is seven.
5. i took two years of german in high school. all i remember is this dialogue [spelling questionable]:
~ bleibst du heute nacht mittag zu hausen?
~ ja, naturlich.
~ was machst du den?
~ hausaufgaben, was sonst?
6. if i had a dog, i would call it waffles.
7. i am currently wearing black nail polish.
8. i prefer showers to baths.
9. the day that my mom took me over to dorothy’s face and fashions at stanley park mall to get my ears pierced when i was twelve years old was one of pure joy and happiness.
10. i’ve read “cheaper by the dozen” at least a twelve times, although not for many years.
11. i like the rock group “nickelback” even though they get ridiculed massively.
next step: i shall answer the 11 questions that stacie posed:
1. what is your biggest pet peeve? people who are negative and pessimistic.
2. what is your biggest blogger pet peeve? spelling mistakes and poor grammar.
3. coke or pepsi? [STACIE!!!! argggh!!!] at this point in time, it really matters not, a sip of either would be heaven on earth.
4. what is the number one item on your bucket list? well, from my top five, i’ll pick seeing madonna in concert, live.
5. do you like surprise parties? to throw them, yes, very much; to be the recipient, not at all.
6. what is the oddest thing in your handbag or wallet right now? in my knapsack (my version of a handbag), i have a silver hoop earring for which i lost the backing.
7. when you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? my first memory is hairdresser, after that, librarian.
8. what are you afraid of that actually shouldn’t scare you? thunder!
9. are you on instagram yet? if not, why the heck not? no! 1) lack of comprehension 2) have note made the time for it 3) lack of interest!
10. what’s your favourite animal? a plush, cuddly, stuffed one!
11. what’s your favourite hobby? (blogging doesn’t count) knitting!
since i am now feeling very tired, i am turning to a question format that is very popular in blogland: it’s the would you rather game. here are the first 11 questions to arrive in my brain:
1. would you rather fly in an airplane or drive in a car?
2. would you rather eat pizza hot or cold?
3. would you rather vacation in the mountains or by the ocean?
4. would you rather sleep in or get up early?
5. would you rather use a dishwasher or handwash your dishes?
6. would you rather be a sprinter or a marathoner?
7. would you rather swim in a lake or in a pool?
8. would you rather get a gift card/money or a wrapped present for your birthday?
9. would you rather pay by cash or credit card?
10. would you rather talk on the phone or email?
11. would you rather take two weeks of vacation all at once, or have a four day work-week for ten weeks?
if you’d like to receive this award…
…consider yourself awarded! congratulations!
if you’d like to answer any of my 11 “would you rather” questions – please do! it’d be so sad if i did all that creative thinking (and manual typing) for nothing!