~~thank you for all of the blog and fb comments, emails, and in-person hugs over the past week…my family and i feel very supported and loved.~~
happy thanksgiving weekend, friends!
in honour of thanksgiving, here is my list of 42 things for which i am thankful. [42 because i am 42 years old] i had a lot of fun composing this list, it’s a compilation of the first 42 thoughts to spring to mind, some serious, some not so much. here we go!…
1. every single member of my family
2. that i have a job that i love and adore and look forward to each day
3. that little e still reaches for my hand when we walk home from the school bus
4. tim horton’s choco chip muffins
5. high speed internet – i have absolutely no comprehension of how this technology actually works – i find the whole concept of websites, google etc simply amazing!
6. that feeling i get when running: i feel free, powerful, in the moment, in a zone, happy, clear-headed, centred…it’s awesome
7. that my list of people who irk me is much, much smaller than my list of people i like
8. my walkable neighbourhood
9. cutie c‘s random and enthusiastic hugs and snuggles
10. this song because it makes me happy!
11. the creative and imaginative outlet that knitting offers; the way you can produce works of art with knitting
12. that i found the will to break my diet coke addiction [i know i complain a lot in my kikiproject updates, but i truly am proud and grateful that i could stop drinking pop]
13. reading, esp novels that you can’t wait to get back to!
14. quirky stories from my life (for example: the time i stalked an semi-famous ultrarunner in moab, utah; the time i got lost in the atlanta airport) that sure are memorable
15. s’bux choco chip cookies
16. that i ran the boston marathon three times and had three awesome races there
17. my rooftop garden and patio area
18. the stories and experiences i hear from customers at the store – every one is unique
19. that any seinfeld episode can make me LOL
20. my green eyes
21. cereal!!! [except any types that contain raisins]
22. having a competitive personality – i like being a go-getter
23. that i can still get away with plucking out any grey hairs on my head, no dye job is yet necessary
24. my circle of friends
25. the mega-bass option on any stereo system
26. that i left teaching after three years and did not spend my life at a career that was not for me
27. doing a crossword puzzle and being able to fill in all the answers [ok, i only do easy x-words, but that's beside the point]
28. that as we
get older mature, we know what we like and what we don’t: i no longer concern myself about the fact that i dislike cooking or am not an animal person, for example
29. any and all vacations i have ever taken: childhood trips out east, out west, to florida; adulthood holidays in aruba, florida, the U.S…all provided awesome memories
30. my running shoe/flipflops/footwear collection
31. baskin robbins choco chip ice cream
32. that i am 5’5″ tall – not too tall, not too short
33. my abba box set
34. that i like watching a lot of different sports, live or on tv
35. this song because it centred me this summer
36. blogging! i really enjoy coming up with ideas, writing, editing, the interactions through comments…it’s a fun hobby
37. that you can sit at chapters and read magazines for free
38. the way my cardinal tattoo turned out [i love my boston one, too, but the cardinal is the ultimate special one]
39. the movie “when harry met sally,” one of my all-time favourites
40. that i got to say good-bye to grandma [and was with grandpa c when he passed away eleven years ago].
41. that little e and cutie c are only one hour away, down the 401
42. that each morning we can wake up and welcome a new day, new opportunities, new experiences
quick: what are any three things for which you are thankful, today? sure, i can join you and do three more!
that my drive to TO on wednesday was hassle-free and uneventful (dare i say “quick,” even?!); the deliciousness that is maranatha crunchy almond butter; that TOMORROW we are doing our annual family christmas list exchange!