yesterday was a very fun first day of 2013!
- a sleep-in…until 6:45 a.m.!
- a balanced cardio/weights/stretching workout
- the traditional watching of the rose bowl parade with dad [sidenote: no one in the family can stand watching the parade except for me and dad; our tradition of plunking down in front of the tv and viewing the spectacular floats and invigorating marching bands dates back to at least 1980! a new year's day without the rose bowl is just not the same!].
- the traditional cleaning of the condo casa: i gave myself 1.5 hours to power-cleanse -> that time frame proved sufficient!
- the traditional mid-afternoon walk: yesterday was sunny and crisp -> thoroughly enjoyable and mind-clearing!
- family + social time at uncle paul and sharon’s from late-aft to early eve, with mom and dad, cousins joel and alex -> i loved meeting up with the fam!
- throw in some knitting, some reading, some tooth flossing, and january 1st, 2013 was an all-around great day.
on today’s agenda:
- a noon-time catch-up visit with joanne
- winter coat shopping -> i am seriously considering a puffy coat, i cannot believe i am typing those words
- the store this eve: it’s run club night so it’ll be social city! love it!
what was the best thing about YOUR new year’s day? i liked how BALANCED my day felt!