Two things need to happen in order to feel like spring has arrived:
~ no more mitten-wearing
Check and check! [Well, I might still wear light gloves early in the day, but for the most part, mitts aren’t a daily necessity anymore. Yippee!]
The last few days, I’ve really felt like spring fever has struck! How? Well, I feel…
1. An itch to go swimming. Say what?! This sentiment coming from the girl who intensely dislikes being cold and wet??…what has come over me?! But yes, the thought of
churning and thrashing gliding up and down the lane of the pool at our local swimplex does sound delightful, and refreshing. I have this hankering to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out my arms and legs, and lose myself in the rhythmic motion of front crawl.
2. Oatmeal is tasting heavy. Part of my favourite – and daily – breakfast is a hot bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in.
My taste buds have been requesting cold cereal in the morning, lately. Puffins + almond milk to the rescue!
Now, this hits the spot on an April morn!
3. I could care less about hockey. According to the enthusiastic comments of my Facebook friends, there’s a lot of intense Game 7 battles being waged in the NHL right now. I couldn’t tell you who’s even still playing, to be honest. Since my beloved Leafs are nowhere to be found (what else is new), hockey is completely off my radar. I’ll just keep reading the Facebook updates for all the news.
4. Bright clothing colours are calling out to me. In winter, black is a wardrobe staple. Now, it just seems hea-vy. Time for my oranges, yellows, greens!
5. A desire to stay up later in the evenings. This is not good when wake-up is 5 a.m. Usually by 7 pm, I am winding down my day. Thanks to the extended daylight hours, 8 pm hits and I feel the urge to go shopping, start an organizing project, embark on a blog entry composition. It’s light! Bedtime must be hours off!
6. A re-awakening of appreciation for Mother Nature. The vibrant green of the grass in the park, the fragrant and bright spring blooms…I feel a renewed sense of awe at the beauty found in natural habitats.
7. The beckoning call of Chick flick movies! Usually, I love an intense, psychological thriller, or a lively indie documentary. Thanks to the previews I viewed Monday Night, I’d jump at the chance to catch:
Just ask if you need a movie-going buddy! I’m in (esp since it will still be light out when we leave the theatre!).
What signals the arrival of spring for you? A calendar date is of little significance, personally – I need to feel the vibe!