…and we continue from yesterday!
i kept the true or false quiz super easy. the first ten statements are TRUE, the remaining ten sentences are FALSE. details forthwith:
1. i am 5 feet 5.5 inches tall. and i have been this very height since age 11-12. my parents were sure i was going to be over six feet tall when i was young!
2. i have only three first cousins. kate, joel, and alex. ♥ although, kate is marrying pete in june – does that mean i can then count him as one more?
3. in 1998, i ran a 4:01:59 50k ultra event that was good enough to be the canadian women’s record that year. that race and my 3:00:45 boston marathon remain the running accomplishments with which i am most delighted.
4. the only ice cream flavour i 100% like is chocolate chip. holding steady on that flavour since about age five. i’m always at least slightly disappointed with anything else.
5. my all-time favourite movie is “when harry met sally.” the. best. ever. i still LOL any time i watch this comedic classic.
6. i have never eaten a big mac or a pop tart. when we went to mcdo as kids, i never deviated from the filet o’ fish. i’ve had a burger a handful of times. just never ventured into big mac land! pop tarts -> were never in the house when we were little, and i just have never thought to try one!
7. i am scared of dogs. terrified. and cats. and gerbils. and cows…but not spiders.
8. i only enjoy watching golf on tv if tiger woods is playing and he is in the lead. tiger’s had his personal…*challenges,* but he is my favourite golfer. the passion! the intensity! just keep these to the golf course, only, ok, tig?
9. the condo casa is already decorated for christmas. yup.
10. i never take shortcuts when out walking. oh, the horror of such a thought! cuz my motto is…”take shortcuts on a walk, you’ll take shortcuts in life.”
11. my favourite part of a traditional turkey dinner is the cranberry sauce. ew! i ADORE our family’s traditional recipe for stuffing. i could leave every other dish alone and just eat stuffing for christmas. maybe i shall, this year.
12. i have my ears quadruple pierced and i have three tattoos. off by one! each ear is triple pierced and i have two tattoos. would love to get a ring through the upper part of my ear but am scared of the pain (gina, tell me it’s not that bad). i want to get tat #3 in 2012.
13. i studied spanish for two years in high school. i took two years of german (in addition to five years of french). much to my german grandmother’s disappointment, german did not “stick” in my brain, and to this day, i only remember one four-line dialogue.
14. i have been to every province in canada. i am missing newfoundland! i live in ontario, the family vacationed in b.c., alberta, quebec, n.b., n.s., p.e.i., i took a high school bus trip through man. and sask…no desire to visit the rock, so who knows if i’ll ever get there!
15. i currently subscribe to seven magazines. zero! i love magazines, but made no time to read ’em, so gradually let every subscription expire. i can read runner’s world at the store, and 1,001 other titles at chapters, should i so desire!
16. as a teen, my family’s nickname for me was buffy. the brother dubbed me biffy thanks to a slightly air-headed era…
17. i have eaten shark. no, but i have eaten frogs’ legs! (grade 8 school trip to quebec city). and yes, they tasted like chicken.
18. i learned to knit when i was ten years old. ’twas age five! grandma c taught me.
19. my middle name is laura. it’s actually lara, as in dr zhivago. never been a fan of my middle name (sorry, mom and dad!).
20. my first part time job was in a bagel shop. in high school, i got a p/t gig at reitman’s as my first job. i DID work at blue dog bagels the summer between ending my teaching career and beginning at a local insurance firm. bagel shop -> retail-ish, so you know i loved it!
feel free to tangent off and share personal info about any of the topics touched on above! [tangent – can you believe november is half over??].
(for tuesday november 15): yesterday i was thankful that i am not the only christmas-crazyhead in the neighbourhood! bear witness: