happy friday, friends!
yesterday was the one month milestone marker for the 12 days of kiki. to liken our project’s progress to serving up a slice of pie or cake, the portion would look like this:
we’ve got tons o’ time to go! let’s do a review of the 12 days of kiki thus far!
1. record at least one positive thing every day in my gratitude
journal/excel spreadsheet. check! and on most days, i have recorded > one “gratefulness” or serendipitously positive occurrence. lots of good things have happened this month.
2. babysit little e and cutie c two times so that the brother and sil ana can enjoy a significant date or special event. not yet! (wednesday aunti visits do not qualify!).
3. blog three times per week (monday-wednesday-friday). right on track! [sidenote: i will say that it has required a significant adjustment to go from daily blogging to writing only thrice-weekly. i miss the social interactions via comments on non-posting days, and, to be honest, my creative mojo has taken a hit. i still feel like i am trying to find my rhythm].
4. run four (point two) km…times ten. i did not accomplish this goal this month – and had no intentions of so doing!
5. eat five wildly decadent and delicious desserts. i did not accomplish this goal this month – although i’ve enjoyed mom’s apple platz and that cherry pie filling dessert. while terribly yummy, they are not the over-the-top extravagances that i am envisioning.
6. finish a minimum of six knitting projects. i have two major projects on the go right now, but neither is close to being finished.
#1 – this baby blanket that i started in september:
#2 – the log cabin blanket:
these are time-consuming artistic creations! but, like i mentioned on wednesday, i may do a real push to see if i can get the log cabin blanket ready by march 23rd. here is what i hope my finished product resembles!
7. read seven books, and hopefully more. check off book #1 from the list! i give irma voth a **1/2 (two and a half star) rating. reading this novel was a unique experience: i really was not into the first 138 pages, at all. as previously mentioned, i didn’t connect with irma and the storyline didn’t grab me. i give this part of the novel only *1/2 (one and a half stars). then ALL OF A SUDDEN – on page 139/the end of chapter six, to be precise – the plot took a sudden and major turn in direction, and i was hooked, avidly reading into the night at bedtime. this latter part of the book gets *** (three stars)! i am really glad i did not give up – i only hung in during the first part because i have read miriam toew’s a complicated kindness and the flying troutmans, and i wanted to finish this third novel. i’d pretty much only recommend irma voth to those who have german-mennonite heritage. for the rest of you, i’d say pick another novel. [if you’ve read irma voth, i’d love to hear your opinion].
8. perform eight random acts of kindness. i did not do anything nice this month – haha! well, nothing of exemplary significance. i’ll know a r.a.o.k. when i see it.
9. watch nine different and new-to-me tv shows (either online, on dvd, or on tv). i’ve got one show to tell you about, here: i watched two episodes of the the canadian production republic of doyle, over at mom and dad’s. it gets a *1/2 (one and a half) star rating, unfortunately. it’s just not my type of show: i don’t *get* the newfoundland humour, and i find the plot, writing, camera-work and characters are typically canadian, ie lacking in originality. that being said, i don’t mind at all if i watch this show again, with mom and dad. it’s just not anything to write home about.
10. refrain from chewing gum for ten months. 100% success! funny enough, i have not had the urge to chew gum at all! go figure!
11. abstain from drinking diet pop (any pop) for eleven months. we already discussed this goal with utmost detail here, so i won’t repeat my
whining reflections, again. let’s just say that this is going to be the project that makes 2012 a very longggg year!
12. meet with at least twelve different friends for a social get-together. score!!! this is the goal with which i am fantastically super-pleased, and has me jumping for joy!! just look!…
woo hoo?! and did you catch that five different locations have been visited, to boot?! i want to keep this fabulous momentum going – outing #6 is planned for this evening, in fact! [vfbf joanne and i went out again last eve, but for the purposes of the 12 days of kiki, i am counting first-time get-togethers only, not repeat visits]. (i plan to follow this pictorial recap format, each month – it’s a good way to chronicle new visits!).
all in all, i’d call month #1 a veritable success story!
have a great weekend!