welcome to the third checkpoint in this year’s 12 days of kiki challenge!
as things happened, over the past month i was able to focus on a few of the more neglected portions of this year’s project. let me show you the progress for month #3!
1. record at least one positive thing every day in my gratitude
a quick glance shows anywhere from 1-5 entries per day. most days have at least two positive notations.
2. babysit little e and cutie c two times so that the brother and sil ana can enjoy a significant date or special event.
oh, this was a fun friday, march the 16th! i recapped my time with little e and cutie c here!
blog three times per week (monday-wednesday-friday). modified on february 13th to: leave a comment on a minimum of three blogs, every day. ok, i have to confess i missed a day. :/ on one of the march sundays, i forget exactly which one, i think i only left one blog comment. i do remember i was not in the mood that day to leave a gratuitous comment on a popular girl’s random blog, and as luck would have it, none of my blog friends posted a new entry, that day. so, i am declaring my mulligan. blogfriends, please post on sundays, and help out a blend.
now, here’s a serendipitous moment to note: if i had not modified this goal, i would not be participating in the blogging from a-z april challenge (which i am truly enjoying). i love when things work out like this!
4. run four (point two) km…times ten. i did not accomplish this goal this month – and had no intentions of so doing!
5. eat five wildly decadent and delicious desserts.
ok, for this entry, blogger’s license is in effect:
now, you may look at this treat and go, “that is not wildly decadent!” and i would respond with, “you are correct!” however,
it’s my blog and my project, so there i am taking into account the entire situation involved with the consumption of this delightful afternoon snack: it was enjoyed with mom and dad on a sunday aft, up at conestoga mall. we were laughing and chatting and enjoying our yogen früz choices, and that whole picture is what earns the fro yo its “delicious” designation. cuz it was divinely tasty!
6. finish a minimum of six knitting projects.
the joy i felt at completing the malabrigo yarn log cabin blanket has been well documented – here is the last blog post in that progression series. so, knitting entry #1 was accompanied by a huge sense of satisfaction at the quality of the final product, the enjoyment of the knitting process…and the earlier-than-expected completion date!
7. read seven books, and hopefully more.
on march 31st, i completed emily giffin’s novel, “something borrowed.” this was book #3/7, and honestly, i would not have anticipated that i’d be on track for a book a month. [this is slow progress for many of you, but since i only read before bed, i am surprised at the status of this project]. this novel was fantastic! i might even dare to say it is the best chick lit read i have ever enjoyed. i gave it **** (four stars) in my reading log. the main character, rachel, is incredibly likeable, and despite the fact that what she is doing is *wrong,* (having an affair with her best friend’s fiancé), i could not dislike her for her actions. this book is an easy read, hard to put down, and now i have to see the movie (thanks, gina, for letting me know that one exists!) and read the sequel, “something blue.”
8. perform eight random acts of kindness. i exhibited no outward displays of kindness over the past 30 days.
9. watch nine different and new-to-me tv shows (either online, on dvd, or on tv). i watched no new tv shows this month; however, i did see a movie at the princess, and i watched a dvd at home (review coming to you on saturday). my goal for this coming month is to finally crack open season one of “the big bang theory.” i have had poor nicole’s dvd sitting on my kitchen counter for a good three months. i am sick of looking at it, and she likely would like it back, so i intend to get into this show asap!
10. refrain from chewing gum for ten months.
i have no interesting insider’s tidbits to share. we’re just rolling along
11. abstain from drinking diet pop (any pop) for eleven months.
in eight months, i can have a diet coke!!! i already told mom that the very first day i can have a pop, i am sooooooo doing it. i don’t think she was that impressed…on a positive note, while i can’t say that the thought of a diet coke repulses me, i can say that the thought of chugging back a pop is distasteful. that is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. i do feel proud of being 90 days clean – i think i need a badge.
12. meet with at least twelve different friends for a social get-together.
once again, this project was my very favourite part of the 12 days of kiki.
and there you have it – the quarterly report has been filed. thanks for reading along!
pick a number from 1-12 of something that YOU completed lately! reading, knitting, coffee shop-ing, r.a.o.k.-ing…fill me in!