it’s check-up/check-in time!
1/3 down, 2/3 to go for this year’s kikiproject!
so what’s new? let’s see…
1. record at least one positive thing every day in my gratitude
journal/excel spreadsheet. 129/129 [that’s how many days are already gone in 2012!] – we’re batting 1000! the biggest day this month saw six gratitudes recorded, smallest days = two.
2. babysit little e and cutie c two times so that the brother and sil ana can enjoy a significant date or special event. 1/2. HOWEVER, our second date is all lined up – yahoo! [this is another category of the project (like #12, below) where i am going to try to surpass my initial goal (ie two special babysitting dates) as much as possible!].
blog three times per week (monday-wednesday-friday). modified on february 13th to: leave a comment on a minimum of three blogs, every day. this month -> success each day! what is working well: commenting on at least three blogs first thing in the morning. again, sundays remain as the challenging day of the week as my “regular blends” often do not post on sundays. i feel a little badly when i use a popular girl blog simply to fulfill my three comment commitment, so i make sure at least to pick a blog entry that truthfully interests me in some slight way.
4. run four (point two) km…times ten. i did not accomplish this goal this month – and had no intentions of so doing!
5. eat five wildly decadent and delicious desserts. holding steady at the 1/5 completion rate.
6. finish a minimum of six knitting projects. we’re at 2/6 now, thanks to finishing up the seed stitch baby blanket on monday, april 23rd:
i am madly knitting on un petit projet for g’ma that needs to be done by sunday. i think it will be done in time??!!
7. read seven books, and hopefully more. i’m at 4/7 in the reading department, staying on my one-novel-a-month pace. on april 29th, i finished emily giffin’s baby proof. i give it a ***1/2 star rating – great chic read. now, i have moved on to emily’s something blue which is my third giffin-read in a row (and my least favourite). i am promising myself i will move on to another author [likely, i will follow gina‘s suggestion to try sophie kinsella but not a shopaholic novel since i did not enjoy the one in that series that i tried]. maybe it is the time of year – i am really enjoying light reading fare.
8. perform eight random acts of kindness. 2/8 completed, since january 9th. again, i exhibited no outward displays of kindness over the past 30 days. **but i did ATTEMPT to set up a r.o.a.k.! (how’s that for an oxymoronic statement?!). i offered potential babysitting dates to a friend whose husband was away, just in case she needed a couple hours of breathing space and time to herself. happily for my friend, family came to visit so she was good to go with support/relief. i’m not going to count my email offer itself as a r.a.o.k. because that is too boring!
9. watch nine different and new-to-me tv shows (either online, on dvd, or on tv). 4/9 complete. i have two shows for you!! i DID finally pop in nicole’s dvd of the big bang theory [see, it helps to say something on the blog, i stay accountable] and watched two episodes. it is a funny show! however, it did not live up to the hype i had heard/built up in my head. i think i was expecting something a bit more quirky (ex: no laugh track) but that being said, i did LOL and would watch more of this comedy quite willingly. i give it a **1/2 star rating. the second show i watched was mr maker with little e and cutie c! this is a british children’s show where mr maker demonstrates fantabulous crafty ideas for kids. he resembles a hyped-up, young, hip mr dressup in terms of artsy-ness. i am totally envious of his craft wall and supply drawers! i am not entirely sure why little e and cutie c are as enthralled as they are with this show…aunti prefers mr dressup. but at least watching mr maker spared me from toopy and binoo!
10. refrain from chewing gum for ten months. four months clean! this goal has turned boring. i don’t even think about gum anymore. my thought for this month is that i wonder how much $$ i am saving per month by not chewing gum?!
11. abstain from drinking diet pop (any pop) for eleven months. four months clean! i totally perplex myself because i do not want to drink diet coke, truly i don’t, yet i really want to drink diet coke!!!
the biggest argghhh!! moment was lunch with dad at harvey’s last week. but it was a short-lived tantrum. on another note: i totally believe that what we tell ourselves becomes self-fulfilling prophecy. i keep repeating to myself that not drinking pop makes me a better athlete. i even had the
crazy notion that i will extend this project until after disney – that would add another whole month to my diet coke holiday!! this is just a thought at this point!!
12. meet with at least twelve different friends for a social get-together. 16/21 [remember i bumped up the initial goal of 12 new friend meet-ups]. i did not arrange any new coffee outings this month; instead, i enjoyed repeat visits (with bff debbie, nicole, lisa, for example). however, social #17 is set for…7:30 this morning!
enjoy your wednesday!
what is one goal that you hope to accomplish by the end of this month? the choco bathroom makeover is progressing superbly (thanks solely to dad’s efforts!) and i am betting that the project will be done by may 31st.