today is the first FULL day of summer 2012! yippee!
the only sad thing is that the days are already going to start getting shorter!
what are you most looking forward to between now and the first day of fall (ick)? me=just the summer weather. life in general is just more fun when it’s hot, sunny and light late!
i am in the mood to talk about books today. every tuesday, zo participates in top ten tuesday, hosted by the blog site the broke and the bookish. i’ve joined in once before, too (again, on the wrong day). i always look forward to seeing zo’s take on the weekly topic. this past tuesday, the theme was “top ten books on my summer TBR list” – oooh, yes! that is a fun challenge! i want to play, too! and top ten THURSDAY still rolls nicely off the tongue. i’m going to go for it.
top ten books on my summer TBR list
1. 50 shades of grey – e.l. james (will start asap when i get the book from a friend or my name comes up on the library wait list!)
2. where we belong – emily giffin (the latest from this author – i’ve already read three eg’s this year!)
3. in one person – john irving (one of my favourite authors, this is his 2012 release)
4. a sophie kinsella that is NOT part of the shopaholic series (will follow up on gina’s suggestion)
5. shoe addicts anonymous – beth harbison (idea borrowed from zo)
6. then came you – jennifer weiner (one of my fave reading-on-the-beach type authors)
7. the newlyweds – nell freudenberger (seen in a globe and mail – or was it the toronto star? – book review section)
8. a joyce carol oates novel (any one i have not read; i am in the mood for her style)
9. ready player one – ernest cline (**11th hour substitution [which bumped bossypants by tina fey] – sil ana and i had a brief yet very enjoyable chat about the 80s yesterday – she mentioned that ready player one was recommended to her as a fun read with a lot of cool 80s references in it. since i ♥ 80s-everything this summer…well, and the 70s…i am IN for checking out ready player one!)
10. tom cruise: an unauthorized biography – andrew morton (i started this one a few sundays ago. to my horror, it is very boring so far. how can you make tom cruise boring?? i am only into his childhood era, so am really hoping the interest level picks up as we move along…)
[i can practically guarantee i will not get ten books read between now and labour day (my definition of the end of summer) – two is a realistic goal!].
what are, let’s say, the top TWO books you would like to read this summer? a book a month has proven to be my pace thus far in 2012!
30 day photo challenge:
day #21: faceless self-portrait
i was bored with the thought of standing in front of my full-length mirror, again, and simply chopping off my head (or putting a paper bag over my head). here’s the variation i came up with instead:
sitting cross-legged like this is a meditative yoga pose, but i also like it as a stretch…and boy, did i feel the tightness in my hips as i snapped this picture! in terms of composition, i was aiming to capture unique angles – usually we see legs in their straight up and down alignment. and!…please note there are no compression socks in this leggy-photo, for once!
wishing you a great first-day-of-summer 2012!!