i am perhaps the MOST excited about today’s kikiproject update that i have been thus far…and it’s all about goal #10 (below).
i am also in disbelief that we have today’s update then next month’s on december 9th, then a final wrap-up on january 8th, and THAT IS IT for this year! holy cow! [january 9th, i either announce kikiproject #4 or bid adieu!].
here’s the details on the twelve days of kiki as things stand after TEN MONTHS…
[oops, almost forgot the pie chart visual…can’t be having that!]
1. record at least one positive thing every day in my gratitude
journal/excel spreadsheet. yes! two points to note this month: 1) there were a few stressful work days this month; even so, there were things that were good about even a challenging day. 2) given the devastation caused by hurricane sandy, i made special note of even mundane, daily things that i may skip over, normally. my heart goes out to everyone still dealing with the hurricane’s effects.
2. babysit little e and cutie c two times so that the brother and sil ana can enjoy a significant date or special event. we are still sitting at 3.5! no new babysitting gigs to report. but we did enjoy all of our visits!
blog three times per week (monday-wednesday-friday). modified on february 13th to: leave a comment on a minimum of three blogs, every day. on track! in a slight twist to the usual, i commented a few times on my friend ken’s online training journal on the site running mania. ken has been documenting his races and training as he preps for the jfk 50 miler november 17th. ken’s updates are similar to a blog, so days, i have counted my comment as a *blog comment.*
4. run four (point two) km…times ten. i did not accomplish this goal this month…and had EVERY intention of so doing. my fuzzy plan, dating back to this past spring, had been to run the scotiabank waterfront marathon in toronto on sunday, october 14th. in august, when i decided NOT to do disney in january, i also determined that i had no burning desire to run scotia…or even to marathon at all this year. october was a stellar running month, i ran to my heart’s content, so i feel no negativity towards the lack of an october marathon race. so, with two months at my disposal, i am contemplating various options as to how to complete this goal…
5. eat five wildly decadent and delicious desserts. completed eons ago! i have enjoyed my fair share of coffee culture’s coffee cake this month. cannot get enough of that topping!!
6. finish a minimum of six knitting projects. for the first time in ages, i have no newly completed projects to share. i purposely want to remain mute about knitting right now.
christmas is coming! so we are holding steady at seven completed projects.
7. read seven books, and hopefully more. i’m still in the middle of u is for undertow. my reading time has plummeted the last few weeks (?). in this post, i did talk about reading and gave two book reviews, and my tally for the year is resting at fourteen completed books.
8. perform eight random acts of kindness. locals, did you realize that TODAY is random act of kindness day in k-w?? i really feel pressured to do a r.a.o.k. in order to support the cause…although, i do find it amusing that we need to DESIGNATE a day on which we remind people to act nicely and be kind to others. um, hello, do that every day, ok?? anyway, we’ll see if i can MAKE a RANDOM act of thoughtfulness happen at some point today. getting back to the project, i have completed 6/8 r.a.o.k.s on the year. (there has been nothing new since our last monthly recap).
9. watch nine different and new-to-me tv shows (either online, on dvd, or on tv). DONE, AND I NO LONGER HAVE TO TALK ABOUT TV SHOWS!!!
10. refrain from chewing gum for ten months. TOMORROW is GUM CHEWING DAY!!
photo of the day: friday november 9th:
twenty-eight pieces of gum will be chewed tomorrow. photos will be taken, a report will be made tomorrow. hard to believe that ten gum-free months are OVER!
11. abstain from drinking diet pop (any pop) for eleven months. i am second-most excited about this goal…because on december 9th, i am going to get to drink a 710 ml beverage that is the nectar of the gods. and guess what, this month i actually DO NOT have an anecdote to relate about a diet coke sighting that set me off. however, my brain never misses signalling me that it spies a diet coke bottle if one enters my line of vision. so, for diet coke drinking day, the plan is to buy a 710 ml bottle, enjoy every drop, then go back on the anti-drinking bus. i also want to reiterate (i am sure i have said this before) that it is THANKS TO THIS BLOG that i have remained diet coke-free since january 9th, 2012. blogging works for accountability!
12. meet with at least twelve different friends for a social get-together. no new meet-ups, so we’re still at twenty. recently, i have enjoyed outings with some of the usual suspects like sharon and joanne; and, tricia and i finally got together again!
et c’est tout pour aujourd’hui. hope you have a fun weekend planned out!