this is the final monthly recap!!!
a mere thirty days stands between now and the end of this third year of kikiprojects. i know we all say this…because it is so true! time. flies.
the 12 days of kiki – update #11 ->
1. record at least one positive thing every day in my gratitude
journal excel spreadsheet. oh, let me tell you, my gratitude excel spreadsheet is FULL this month. as you know, i find november so dreary that some days, i wrote down every single little positive happening that i could in order to look on the bright side of things!
2. babysit little e and cutie c two times so that the brother and sil ana can enjoy a significant date or special event. no more new extended babysitting opps happened this month – but regular visits did! yippee for aunti days!
blog three times per week (monday-wednesday-friday). modified on february 13th to: leave a comment on a minimum of three blogs, every day. done! nothing new, really, to report here. i enjoy being in touch with blog friends!
4. run four (point two) km…times ten. ugh. this project is a thorn in my side. with no marathon race completed this year, i have to say i feel like i have failed this goal. and that failure really, really bugged me to no end in november (yes, i want a perfect kikiproject by january 8th – is that too much to ask?!). i know what i can do as an escape route in order to fulfill this project, but i am not jazzed in the least by it.
5. eat five wildly decadent and delicious desserts. (completed in the summer!). i am really looking forward to enjoying our annual and tradition family squares and cookies that mom makes every year for christmas. mom, have you started baking yet?! in the meantime, i think i would like some ice cream some freezing cold day, just to be funny. dad (or anyone else), are you in?!
6. finish a minimum of six knitting projects. my christmas knitting is DONE (cannot show) except for one last project (lotsa time, still). and i completed a blanket for project linus just yesterday morning [talk about an eleventh hour finish!] – i set that date goal because i wanted to show the blanket in today’s update – it really was a knit-a-thon, these last few days!
this blanket is dedicated to grandma. she would have approved of the clash of bright colours (and the cheap price i paid for the yarn).
7. read seven books, and hopefully more. i have read fifteen books so far this year. i finished u is for undertow (blog recap here), and dove into ready player one – which will be book #sixteen. ready player one grabbed me quickly, and i have really enjoyed deviating from my sue grafton streak of earlier this fall and chick lit-type fiction. i rarely choose sci-fi but i have really enjoyed this novel – in large part thanks to the many 80s references and the likeability of the main character. if you were a teen in the 80s, i suggest you give ready player one a try! here is one example that all you teens-in-the-80s will get: on page 90, wade, the protagonist, refers to the fact that his alarm clock is set to play wham’s wake me up before you go-go because he HATES this song and he has to get out of bed in order to turn it off, therefore he gets up on time. i really laughed in my head at this paragraph because i happen to love that wham song – it’s on my ipod right now!
8. perform eight random acts of kindness. this month, i completed r.a.o.k #7. i have held off on doing an eighth and final act because i keep hoping that a truly random opp will present itself – like i can help an old lady cross the street, or rescue a cat from a tree (ok, maybe not the cat one…how about save a baby from dropping a mitten). i know i can be nice at least one more time in the next month – esp in this season of goodwill to all peoples; however, it would be cool to finish off this particular project with a truly unplanned random act of nicety.
9. watch nine different and new-to-me tv shows (either online, on dvd, or on tv). we no longer discuss this project remember?!
10. refrain from chewing gum for ten months. done! recap of gum chewing day, november 10th, here! now, technically, i suppose i could have restarted on the gum chewing habit….the wording, above, says nothing about stopping forever after the ten months. however, the super neat-o thing is that after chewing those 28 pieces of gum in less than twelve hours, i have not even really thought about gum, nor missed it. that is great because it shows i am cured of that habit! now, i will confess that i had ONE DAY within the past month where i had a craving to chompchomp, and i debated going across the street for a pack…then i thought about how i would have to admit to that action right here, and decided i did not NEED gum after all. so, the goal til the end of 2012 is to remain gum free.
11. abstain from drinking diet pop (any pop) for eleven months.
TODAY IS DIET COKE DRINKING DAY!!! i have it alllll planned out: as i told you on thursday, two 591 bottles were purchased, and one will be downed this morning and one will be savoured this aft. then, that is it (i’ll recap the experience tomorrow). i DO have a plan regarding diet coke + 2013 and i’ll share that maybe tomorrow?? you know how most months i have had a salivation-inducing anecdote regarding a diet coke sighting to share with you? well, i have nothing, today. i firmly believe that is because for the last month, i have known that diet coke day is right around the corner. succeeding with this project #11 is right up there with project #2 in terms of making me happy!
12. meet with at least twelve different friends for a social get-together. yes! after a long gap, meet-up #21 occurred when i visited with ken and bonnie:
i’ll talk more about this project next month in the final analysis blog post – for now, i am just super happy that i got together with ken and bonnie AND that i have had 21 different-people meet-ups as 21 is half of 42!
and that’s a wrap for this month’s update!
tonight is our staff(s) holiday party – i am really looking forward to it!