yup, today is my birthday day -> it’s the big 4–3. and that’s ok! i feel great about celebrating my bday this year!
as things work out, i happen to have today off of work (wednesday is my usual day off). here is the celebration agenda:
- run 43 miles (joke! although i could go 4.3 miles…or for 43 minutes?? or 7 miles [4+3]??!)
- knitting + blog reading + coffee drinking
- gourmet pizza for lunch (as in that is the name of the pizza place, i am not going out for really fancy pizza)
- shopping around uptown with mom
- baskin robbins for bday ice cream -> it will be my favourite: choco chip icey cream in a waffle cone (this is in lieu of bday cake)
- an evening with tom cruise (going to see jack reacher! never read the books upon which this movie is based, i do not care at all what the film is about or if it is any good, i just want to stare at my tommy for 2 hours on my bday!).
how’s that for a good, good day?! i’m excited!
and now for the grand reveal…
yesterday was tattoo tuesday. joining mr cardinal (tattoo #1) and the ode to the boston marathon (tattoo #2)…
[sidenote: this photo was taken right when bryan finished the tattoo which is why there is redness; tats look best after they have *settled* for a couple of weeks].
for this tattoo, i wanted to go with “something pretty” -> i wanted symmetry, colour, vines n flowers…and a bluebird. i did some internet googling a few weeks ago, and found some ideas which i took to bryan at tora tattoo back on the day we had our consult appt:
from those ideas, bryan came up with…
yesterday morning, i grabbed one last pic of my untouched skin!
the tat appt went super well: we finished in under two hours and the final cost was less than predicted, too.
so, am i done with tattoos? hard to say. according to bryan, i “sit like a champ” -> i do not find tattooing painful in the least (compared to sports massage and underarm waxing, it is a walk in the park, honest). maybe ONE more??! (i have a body place and an idea ready to go!!). at this time, though, i adore my “pretty tattoo.” as always, i am thrilled with bryan’s artistry, and i am super-pleased with my 43rd bday gift-to-self.
we need one more close up!!!
now it’s time to embrace the day!